Walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of God. — Colossians 1:10 (CSB)
Bible Department Mission Statement
Tattnall Square Academy’s Bible Department is dedicated to creating an environment of spiritual growth for our students which includes enabling students to pursue a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a knowledge and appreciation of God’s Word, fostering Christian community and encouraging students to share this message of hope with those around them.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inherent Word of God (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, existent in three coeternal, coequal persons persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death on the cross (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
This statement of faith is fundamental to basic Christian tenets and contains doctrines to which we unreservedly adhere and teach.
One of the greatest privileges of being a student at Tattnall Square Academy is the opportunity to gather as a school for Chapel. Students meet in Trojan Hall on Wednesdays for a time of worship, teaching, skits, videos and other elements designed to help our students grow in Christ. Speakers include local ministers, TSA alumni, current students and teachers and other special guests. Parents and guests are always invited to join us for chapel.
Lower School Chapel (K3-5th Grades): 10:00 A.M.
Middle School Chapel (6th-8th Grades): 10:47 A.M.
Upper School Chapel (9th-12th Grades): 11:31 A.M.
In addition to chapel, students in 6th – 12th grades meet every other week in small groups to discuss the previous week’s chapel message. This allows time for reflection and application.
9th-12th Grade small groups are led by one of our faculty members. Female students are in a group with a female faculty member, and male students have a male faculty member as their leader.
6th-8th Grade small groups are also gender specific and are led by two students, either Juniors or Seniors. These students are carefully selected and mentored as they guide their middle school members throughout the year. Utilizing student mentors provides our Middle School students with a relaxed environment to ask questions and begin to own their faith. In addition, it provides a leadership opportunity for select upperclass students who have demonstrated spiritual growth and desire to invest in others.
Christian Standard Bible
During the 2020-2021 school year, Tattnall’s Bible Department discussed the necessity and importance of choosing a Bible translation to be used as the primary text for all Bible classes. After much prayer and discussion, the department chose to use the Christian Standard Bible as the primary translation for Tattnall. “The CSB was created using optimal equivalence, a translation philosophy that pursues both linguistic precision to the original languages and readability in contemporary English.” – https://csbible.com/about-the-csb/ All students (6th-12th) will be required to have a personal copy of the CSB for their Bible classes.
For more information regarding the CSB, please visit the site below:
Parent Connection Nights
Tattnall Square Academy’s mission is to ground education in the Christian faith. It is our desire at TSA to partner with parents to accomplish this goal. One of the many ways we do this is by having Parent Connection Nights. This gives the parents of our students an opportunity to spend an evening at TSA hearing from different speakers on a variety of topics dealing with the home. The mission of our Parent Connection Night is to equip parents with biblical and practical information to help cultivate a Christ-centered home. It is our prayer that the parents of our students will take advantage of this great opportunity. These events are free of charge and take place once in the fall and once in the spring.
Start a youth out on his way; even when he grows old he will not depart from it. — Proverbs 22:6 (CSB)
The spiritual development of students at Tattnall Square Academy is vital. We believe there is no greater meaning in life than to glorify God in all that we do. Our prayer is for our students to grow academically, athletically, and most importantly, to grow spiritually during their years at Tattnall.