“Train up a child in the way He should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
The spiritual development of students at Tattnall Square Academy is very important to us. We believe there is no greater meaning in life than to glorify God in all that we do and in all that He has made us to be. Our prayer is that while students grow academically, athletically, and physically, they also grow spiritually through these experiences. Discipleship is intertwined in everything we do at Tattnall as we seek to teach students to “live in the world” but not “of it”.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inherent Word of God (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
This statement of faith is fundamental to basic Christian tenets and contains doctrines to which we unreservedly adhere and teach.
One of the greatest privileges of being a student at Tattnall Square Academy is the opportunity to gather as a school for Chapel each week. Students meet in Trojan Hall on Wednesdays for a time of worship, teaching, skits, videos, and other elements designed to help our students grow in Christ. Speakers include local ministers, TSA alumni, current students and teachers, and other special guests. Parents and guests are always invited to join us for chapel.
Lower School Chapel (K3-5th Grades): 10:00 a.m.
Middle/Upper School Chapel (6th-12th Grades): 11:30 a.m.
In addition to weekly chapels, students in 6th – 12th grades meet every other week in small groups to discuss chapel themes. Each small group is led by a current faculty or staff member, and groups are divided by grade level.