TSA will administer the CTP4 to students in grades 1-8 beginning on Monday, April 24. Testing will last until Thursday, April 27. Our goal and desire as parents and teachers is for each student to have a positive testing experience while doing his or her personal best. Here are some “Test Wise Tips” that we hope will help you and your child prepare for this event:
- Make sure your child has several restful nights of sleep.
- Start the morning by eating a nourishing breakfast. Hunger can be a distraction during the test.
- Create a relaxed environment at home. Try to avoid activities that may cause anxiety, conflict, or any unpleasantness.
- Lay out clothes the night before and set the alarm clock a little early to avoid rushing in the morning.
- Make positive comments and encourage your child to do his/her best!
- Send two #2 pencils to be used for testing each day.
- Please be sure your child brings a calculator to testing on Monday for Part 2 of the math test (Grades 7-8 only).
Please also note that Monday, April 24 will NOT be a Delayed Arrival day.